Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

January 2, 2013Baltimore, MD, United StatesNarcotics

Baltimore cocaine trafficker sentenced to 10 years in prison

BALTIMORE — Timothy Joseph Carr, 29, of Baltimore, was sentenced Thursday to 10 years in prison followed by five years of supervised release by U.S. District Judge William D. Quarles Jr. for conspiring to distribute five kilograms or more of cocaine.

The sentencing follows an investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) with the assistance of the Louisiana State Police.

According to his guilty plea, on Nov. 10, 2011 Louisiana State Police seized approximately five kilograms of cocaine from a vehicle driven by co-defendant Daniel Bois in Louisiana, who was driving the cocaine from Texas to its Baltimore destination. After arresting Bois, law enforcement continued its investigation into the cocaine organization based in Baltimore and conducted a controlled delivery of the cocaine the following day. The cocaine was replaced with "sham cocaine" and delivered to 3501 8th Avenue in Baltimore, where co-defendants Timothy Dennison and Anthony Taylor accessed the vehicle where law enforcement had concealed the sham cocaine. Law enforcement arrested Dennison and Taylor.

Further investigation revealed that Carr had also driven, in a separate rental car from Bois, another load of five kilograms of cocaine back to Baltimore from McAllen, Texas, Nov. 10, 2011. According to travel records, Carr rented a car Nov. 7, 2011 after flying to McAllen from BWI Airport. Additionally, Carr and other members of the cocaine organization had made several trips between Baltimore and Texas in the past year to transport several additional kilograms of cocaine for distribution in the Baltimore area.

In all, Carr conspired to distribute between five and 15 kilograms of cocaine.

Timothy Lee Dennison, 22, Daniel Bois, 26 and Anthony Fraser Taylor, 29, all of Baltimore, and two other co-defendants pleaded guilty to their participation in the conspiracy. Dennison was sentenced to 15 years in prison and the other defendants remain to be sentenced.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Brooke Carey and Christopher Romano.

Updated: 12/08/2014