SAN FRANCISCO – Fresno Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents completed a two-day training for local law enforcement officers, analysts, and prosecutors, Wednesday, June 6. During this event, participants received the latest information about federal human trafficking investigations and about proven law enforcement best practices to implement.
HSI agents provided information on the following topics:
- Department of Homeland Security Blue Campaign & HSI's Human Trafficking Program
- Understanding Human Trafficking
- Task Force Operations & Asset Sharing
- Comprehensive Victim Services
- International Considerations in Human Trafficking Investigations
- Labor & Sex Trafficking Case Studies
- U.S. Department of Justice Human Trafficking Prosecutions Unit
“It is through events like this, that we raise awareness of human trafficking and strengthen partnerships with other law enforcement agencies in the pursuit of international criminal organizations,” Brannigan said.
HSI participates in more than 120 human trafficking task forces and proactively coordinates and plans federal human trafficking investigations through federal anti-trafficking coordination teams.
HSI has 68 offices in about 51 countries, including 13 vetted foreign investigative units that support anti-human trafficking efforts across the globe.