Logon to SEVIS
Call the SEVP Response Center at 1 (800) 892-4829 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST for assistance and support.
Real-time Interactive Web Processing
- How Do I Get a Temporary Password for SEVIS?
- User Manual for Temporary Users
- SEVIS School User Manual
- Department of State – Exchange Visitor Program Sponsors
Note: The SEVIS Help Hub hosts the most up-to-date information on SEVIS functionality. The SEVIS Enhancements page provides quick access to information about changed functionality and resources in upcoming or past releases.
SEVIS Batch-file Transfer Processing
Current Release Batch Process
- SEVIS Batch Processing Rules (PDF | 81 KB) — This document provides guidelines for using the SEVIS Batch Interface.
- Customer Agreement for Using the SEVIS Batch-File Transfer Process (PDF | 82 KB)
- Process for Using the SEVIS Batch-File Transfer (PDF | 30 KB)
- Blank Tag Matrix – October 2020 (XLSX | 70 KB) — The Blank Tag Matrix provides full schema details regarding the use of uploading blank (null) tags while using the SEVIS Batch Interface. This document illustrates which XML tags can be uploaded with null values and also those where no XML tag is necessary to achieve a successful upload into the system.
- SEVIS Release 6.55 Batch System Changes (PDF | 1.3 MB)
File Date: 12/02/2022
Specifies the batch interface between the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and the institutions' internal systems (user systems). This file contains the all of the information through Appendix E referenced in the table of contents. Please see below for Appendix F and Attachments A through E.
SEVIS Lookup Tables
File Date: 10/16/2020
Appendix F of the SEVIS API. Contains the codes referenced in Create-UpdateStudent.xsd and Create-UpdateExchangeVisitor.xsd.
NOTE: The following XML schemas are for the Production environment. The version within the XML schemas reflects the release when each was last modified.
Attachment A of the SEVIS API. Defines the format of the data document containing student information uploaded to SEVIS.
SEVIS Create – Update Exchange Visitor
Attachment B of the SEVIS API. Defines the format of the data document containing exchange visitor information uploaded to SEVIS.
Attachment C of the SEVIS API. Defines the generic data structures that are referenced in Create-UpdateStudent.xsd and Create-UpdateExchangeVisitor.xsd.
Attachment D of the SEVIS API. Contains the codes referenced in Create-UpdateStudent.xsd and Create-UpdateExchangeVisitor.xsd.
SEVIS Transaction Log
Attachment E of the SEVIS API. Defines the format of the transaction log that is downloaded from SEVIS.