- In Canton, Georgia, Juan Cabrera-Vail, a 39-year-old citizen of Guatemala, arrested May 26, 2019, by the Chamblee (Georgia) Police Department and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, terroristic threats, and home invasion after, according to the victim’s account to police, Cabrera-Vail broke into the apartment of his ex-wife and assaulted her and her niece with a machete, threatening to kill both women and his ex-wife’s new boyfriend.
- In Alexandria, Virginia, Edwin Nahun Mendoza-Santos, a 38-year-old citizen of Honduras, convicted in Brunswick, Virginia, in September 2019 of assault and battery on a family member. On May 22, 2020, the Stafford (Virginia) Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court issued an arrest warrant for Mendoza, charging him with aggravated sexual battery of a minor less than 13 years of age. ERO turned Mendoza over to the Fairfax County (Virginia) Police Department on the outstanding warrant and lodged an immigration detainer to request his transfer back to ICE upon completion of the criminal case.
- In Bronx, New York, Antolin Anastacio-Galindo, a 43-year-old citizen of Mexico, arrested by the New York Police Department on April 17, 2020, for assault with intent to cause physical harm, strangulation with criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation and aggravated harassment causing physical injury to family member.
- In Goldsboro, North Carolina, Richardson Mercivalle, a 27-year-old citizen of Haiti, convicted in Wayne County, North Carolina, in June 2017 of sexual battery , convicted in Broward County, Florida, in November 2018 of loitering, and convicted in Wayne County in December 2019 of failure to register as a sex offender and assault by strangulation for a May 2018 arrest by the Wayne Memorial Hospital Special Police after he assaulted and strangled a nurse’s aide at the hospital.
- In Pomona, California, Juan Jose Martinez, a 45-year-old citizen of Mexico, a registered sex offender, convicted in Riverside, California, in 2004 of battery on a spouse/ex-spouse and convicted in Riverside in 2011 of seven counts of lewd acts upon a child for which he was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
ICE consists of three directorates to accomplish the agency’s mission, including Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) and Management and Administration (M&A).