Address: 1925 West Highway 85, Dilley, Texas 78017
- The South Texas Family Residential Center (STFRC) was constructed specifically within the framework of ICE's exacting civil detention standards with specific attention paid to meet the needs of family groups. As a new facility built entirely to our specifications, it represents a significant milestone in the agency's long-term effort to reform the immigration detention system.
- As with the other ICE family residential centers, STFRC respects the dignity and humanity of families awaiting the outcome of immigration hearings or pending return to home country. Individuals can roam freely throughout the facility to playrooms, snack areas with continually restocked refrigerators, libraries, exercise rooms, lobbies, etc. Children attend school in classrooms with bilingual, state-certified teachers. Parents have access to English as a Second Language and other adult education.
- The open plan has features that protect the safety and security of detainees and staff, who can move about, unescorted, availing themselves of educational and recreational opportunities, including contact visitation from friends, relatives, attorneys, and others.
- ICE maintains a contract with CoreCivic (formerly Corrections Corporation of America) to provide day-to-day operations of the facility. ICE officers are also onsite to provide oversight and maintain communication with the detainees. Further, the facility is in compliance with the Family Residential Standards (FRS) and undergoes monthly and bi-annual inspections. There is also a Detention Service Manager assigned to the facility to ensure daily compliance with the FRS.
- STFRC can house up to 2400 individuals on property spanning almost 55 acres.
- Families have freedom of movement throughout the facility from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The facility cafeteria, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., will provide three meals per day.
- Nutritious snacks are available throughout the facility 24/7. Additional items can be purchased from the commissary.
- All school age children will receive instruction from state-licensed teachers.
- Residents can receive visitors seven days per week, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Each bedroom accommodates six-to-eight people.
- All bedrooms offer cable television.
- Recreation resources include exercise equipment, a soccer field, volleyball and basketball courts; board games, books, age-appropriate toys, etc.
- The center features a computer lab with internet access and email services.
- Residents may keep and wear their own clothes. STFRC will provide non-institutional clothing should residents require additional items.